Camp Livingston offers a wide variety of scheduled activities directed by staff who are specifically selected for their intensive knowledge of the specialty and their ability to teach skills to campers. All activities are age-appropriate and designed to captivate your child’s interest while building self-confidence.
Special Programs at Camp Livingston
- Talent Show – Each session kicks off with a variety show open to all campers where they can perform skits, songs, dances, magic, etc. Bunks often work together on performances while staff also contribute their talents. It proves to be an entertaining evening for all!
- Hatzagah (The Play) – Our full session campers have an opportunity to join our theater program. Through interactive drama games and improvisational performances, campers have fun while building their self-confidence. In addition to acting, campers are eager to help behind-the-scenes with sets, lighting and sound. The campers truly become stars in front of their peers.
- Livingstock/Color Run – Each session, we enjoy an outdoor carnival including festive food, moon-bounces, petting zoo, games, and more. After dinner, the whole camp comes together for a color run, where campers run through clouds of various colors. After everyone is dusted with color, our camper and staff bands perform in our newly renovated theater. After the bands perform, the night concludes at the lake with a spectacular fireworks display.
- Overnights and Trips – In addition to all the activities that take place on our beautiful 680-acre camp, we offer our campers the opportunity to pack their bags and explore some of what the region has to offer. We organize overnight and day trips for campers of all ages and abilities that include hiking, zip-lining and rafting.
Competition at Camp Livingston
At Camp Livingston, kids learn a healthy level of competition. They learn both to succeed and fail together, and this is part of the growth process. Learning how to keep going after a loss is a great life lesson. A fear of competition or too much of it may even be harmful.
- World Series (Softball) – This event is cabin versus cabin. In each session one boys’ cabin and one girls’ cabin is crowned champion. The teams first face off in a round-robin format to determine the teams in the championship game.
- Color War (Maccabiah) – Maccabiah is a two-plus day intense co-ed competition in which the entire camp is divided into three teams. Approximately 10 staff leaders are selected as “captains” and “judges” to direct and supervise the entire program that includes a series of competitive sports and game events, challenging individual skills, group cohesiveness and group and full-camp spirit. An absolute favorite event during the entire session, campers and staff treasure the memories of the event for years. The following team events happen during Maccabiah: Softball, Basketball, Softball, Sand Volleyball, and Capture The Flag.
- Ga-Ga Tournament – In this individual co-ed event, campers qualify by either winning their cabin mini-tournament or by being an “at-large” selection. Generally, there are 36 campers who enter each session and face off in a one-on-one format. The “Final Four” features a best of five game showdown, and the tournament final is best of seven. The champion gets his or her name on the Wall of Fame, and the camper’s name is added to the Ga-Ga trophy that remains at camp.
- Tennis Competition – Tennis is popular at Livingston. Many of our staff with “tournament” or high-school varsity level experience serve as our tennis instructors. They organize a skill-building curriculum that runs several times a session. The curriculum reinforces a different stroke every day and includes games to finish each session. We also have a singles and doubles tournament toward the end of each session.
- “The Great Race” – Every camper is involved in this all-camp relay race that includes fun, challenging tasks throughout the camp.
- Evening Fun Competitions – Each night our campers participate in an “evening activity,” which are fun age-specific activities.
- One night toward the beginning of each session, we organize an all-camp counselor scavenger hunt that pits cabin versus cabin in a search for their “missing” counselors.
- Another favorite evening activity is the Creative Talent Search for best original dance routine and the most creative original video production.
Coed Sports Competitions
- 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
- Tennis Tournament
- Soccer World Cup
- Sand Volleyball
- Capture the Flag
Camp Livingston Specialty Week 2017
*The schedules for our Specialty Camps are subject to change
*Minimum enrollment required from program to occur
*Each program is for campers entering (’17-’18 school year) 6th-9th grade
*Check in Monday morning at 8am at the Mayerson JCC; optional drop off at Camp at 10am
*Specialty Camp tuition is $1300 prior to scholarships and discounts. We are offering a discount of $400 if your child is signed up for another session at Livingston during Summer 2017 – use promo code CURRENTCAMPER on the application.