Camp Livingston, a Jewish residential youth camp, enriches the lives of its campers and staff by providing a fun, unique, community experience, while encouraging the development of Jewish identity within a safe and inclusive environment. Our camp enables the formation of lifelong friendships and provides the opportunity to participate in exciting recreational and creative programming.
Camp Livingston, a Jewish camping community built on enduring traditions, seeks to:
- Provide a fun and creative camping experience that forms lasting memories and nurtures and instills an appreciation of Jewish heritage.
- Foster valuable communal life skills, inspire self-confidence, and build an appreciation of the outdoors.
- Create an environment that teaches the values of care and compassion, which encourage social responsibility for the greater community.
- Develop committed, active, and involved future leaders of the Jewish Community.
- Incorporate Israeli culture and Jewish identity into daily life.
- Camp Livingston is a nonprofit community-based camp that is committed to providing these services to all Jewish families regardless of their affiliation.
- No one shall be denied admission to Camp Livingston, or to the benefits of our program services because of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.
Each and every day we live by six core values. At every flag lowering, a few campers receive bracelets, representing our core values. Campers can receive a nomination to receive a bracelet from anyone at camp — their counselors, fellow bunk mates, the nurse, or a senior staff member. Our six core values are:
- Kehillah (Community)
- Kavod (Respect)
- Shalom Bayit (Peace in the Home)
- Shmirat Halashon (Speaking Nicely)